Legends - 08 July 2021
Workout of the Day (WOD):
As many rounds and reps as possible in 9 minutes (AMRAP 9),
5 Ring Rows
What is a Deadlift?
Simply put, the deadlift is the safest and most sound approach to pick an object up from the ground. We use the deadlift a whole lot more than you think, from grocery shopping, to hoisting your child up onto their baby seat.
The deadlift is a foundational movement pattern that we use daily. Most lower back injuries happen while attempting to lift something heavy off the ground, and that is why we need to learn this movement well and introduce it into a fitness routine to build core strength and overall fitness.
1. Stand over the object with your feet hip-width apart, back straight, and chest up
2. Squat with your knees tracking over your toes, and grab the object
3. Keeping your mid-section tight, push the weight off the ground through your heels
4. Stand tall for the rep to count, keeping the midsection tight at all times
5. Repeat 8 to the 10 times for 3 to 5 rounds!