Legends - 22 July 2021
20 Air Squats
*15 mins time cap
Accumulate 20 crunch holds
*10 mins time cap
When an older person is injured from a fall, the difficulties of daily living, heart problems and depression increase, according to a report, “The Shock of Falling Among Older Americans,” distributed by the National Bureau of Economic Research
What is a Burpee?
The Burpee is a prone to stand position that teaches seniors to get up after a fall. Teaching seniors to slowly, carefully, go to ground and then work back up to their feet increases the strength and balance to reduce injury risk when a fall occurs
1. Start in a standing position with feet shoulder-width apart
2. Lower yourself into a lunge or a squat
3. Take the lunge/squat deeper, place your hands on the ground, and step back or jump your legs back lowering yourself onto the ground
4. Using your arms, push your body up, almost like a push-up
5. Step or jump your legs forward, going back into a lunge or squat position respectively
6. Stand tall to complete the rep
7. repeat 8-10 times for 3 to 5 rounds!